2018 / 2019 Admission Forms For Christian Service University College
Admission Requirements for Postgraduate Programmes:
The minimum qualification to gain admission into our postgraduate programmes includes the following: A good first degree (not below second class lower division) from an accredited institution.
Admission Requirements for undergraduate Programmes:
The minimum qualification to gain admission into any of our undergraduate programmes includes the following:
1. SSSCE credit passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects: three (3) electives plus, three (3) core subjects including English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science or Social Studies. Aggregate score should not exceed 24.
2. WASSCE credit passes (A1-C6) in six (6) ) subjects: three (3) electives plus, three (3) core subjects including English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science or Social Studies. The aggregate score should not exceed 36.
3. ABCE holders with at least, passes in three (3) subjects, one of the passes should be grade D or better plus, at least, five (5) credit passes of the GBCE including English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies.
4. Mature Candidates must not be less than 27 years at the time of admission and should have, at least, five years considerable working experience. Mature applicants will be required to enroll in a 6-week course, write an entrance examination, and attend an interview if successful.
Mature applicants must show proof of age with a legitimate document that is at least 5 years old, provide introductory letter and show any proof of employment.
5. Entry Requirements for Higher National Diploma (HND) Qualifications:
- The applicant must have graduated with at least 2nd Class lower division from a recognised Polytechnic.
Applicants are supposed to have credit/good passes of the SSSCE/WASSCE which would have occasioned his/her successful admission into the HND programme. Placement would be based on qualification.
- Applicants with Post-Sec Teacher’s Cert ‘A’ or Diploma in Education who are also in possession of GCE ‘O level/SSSCE/WASCE good passes with aggregate score not exceeding 24 with respect to SSSCE and 36 of the WASSCE may apply.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR BSC. NURSING
In line with the admission requirements of Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), to which the Nursing Programme is affiliated, one of the following academic requirements is needed for admission:
I. SSSCE Holders: Applicants should have credits (A-D) in THREE Core Subjects (English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science), plus credits in THREE (3) Elective Subjects: Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The aggregate score should not exceed 24, for level 100 placement.
WASSCE Holders: Applicants should have credits (A1-C6) in THREE Core Subjects (English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science), plus credits in THREE (3)Elective Subjects: Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The aggregate score should not exceed 36. Applicants will be admitted to L 100.
II. Mature Applicants: Applicants must be at least 25 years at the time of submitting the application form. The applicant should have EITHER
Five (5) credits at the O’ Level including English Language and Mathematics or Credits in SSSCE /WASSCE Core English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science and threeelective subjects with an aggregate not exceeding 24/36 respectively. Applicants would write an entry examination and pass an interview at the end, to guarantee level 100 placement; OR
A State Registered Nursing Certificate (SRN) with a minimum of FIVE years working experience /Public Health Nurses with ONE (1) year or more of practice who hold RGN/Post-Basic Nursing Programme Certificate. Applicants would write an entry examination and pass an interview at the end in order to guarantee L 200 placement.
III. Holders of the Registered General Nursing (RGN) Diploma with at least THREE (3) years’ working experience and a good pass at the Diploma level may be admitted to L 300 of the degree programme after a successful interview.