2018 / 2019 Admission Forms For Zenith University College
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION OF STUDENTS:
A. LEVEL 100: DIRECT ADMISSION
• WASSE/SSSCE: Passes in six (6) subjects, three (3) Core, including English and Mathematics and three (3) Electives with an aggregate score of twenty four (24) or better (SSSCE) and thirty –six (36) or better (WASSCE).
• GCE O Level: five (5) credit passes including English and Mathematics and two (2) “A” Level passes excluding General Paper.
• Ghana Business Certificate Examination (GBCE) with passes in English and Mathematics.
• Other diplomas/certificates deemed equivalent to any of the above qualifications including foreign qualifications will be considered on their own merits and on a case by case basis.
• ICT applicants: In addition to the general entry requirements, applicants with SSSCE/WASSCE must have passed elective Mathematics and Physics.
B. LEVEL 100- MATURE STUDENTS ADMISSIONS
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
• A minimum of the 25 years of age.
• A minimum of three (3) years working experience.
• A minimum of three (3) GCE “0” Level credit passes OR three (3) passes in any of the following: Ghana Commercial Examination (formally RSA), Stage 2, Ghana Business Certificate Examination, Senior Stenographer Certificate, or SSSCE/WASSCE, including English and Mathematics.
• A pass in an entrance examination in Mathematics, English and General Paper organized by Zenith University College. Candidates may also be required to attend an interview.
C. LEVEL 200 Admissions
• GCE “A” Level: Three 3 passes plus General Paper and five 5 GCE “O” Level credit passes including English and Mathematics.
• Diploma in Business Studies (DBS) from a recognized Institution/Examining Body and five (5) WASSCE/SSSCE /GCE “O” Level credit passes including English and Mathematics.
• Foundation stages (Part II /I : Old and New system) : ACCA, ICA( Ghana) CIM (U.K.), CIMA, ICSA, LCC and similar professional qualifications with five (5) G C E “O” Level SSSCE/WASSCE credit passes including English and Mathematics.
• ABE/CTH Diploma 1 and 2 with SSSCE/WASSCE/GCE “O” Level credit passes in English and Mathematics.
• RSA/Ghana Commercial Certificate Stage II in five (5) subjects with GCE “O” Level/WASSCE/SSSCE credit passes in English and Mathematics.
• RSA Stage III in three (3) subjects with credit passes in English and Mathematics in GCE “O” Level/WASSCE/SSSCE passes in English and Mathematics.
• Ghana Business Certificate Examination (GBCE), Advanced Level, with GCE “O” Level/WASSCE/SSSCE credit passes in English and Mathematics,
Post – Secondary Teachers Certificate ‘A’ with five (5) credit passes at GCE “O” Level or six (6) WASSCE/SSSCE passes, including English and Mathematics.
• University Diploma/HND: for students wishing to study programmes other than their areas of specialization at the diploma/HND Level.
D. LEVEL 300 TOP-UP ADMISSION (4 SEMESTERS)
• HND (in same area of specialization applied for).
• University Diploma: Grade B or better (in the same area of specialization applied for).
• Part III (Old/New System): ICA (Ghana) , CIM (U.K.) ACCA, CIMA, ICSA,LCC and similar professional qualifications.
• ABE/CTH Advanced Diploma, Association of Computer Professionals (ACP) and similar Advanced Diploma Certificates (3 semesters).
• Diploma from Ghana Institute of Journalism (GIJ).
• Other equivalent qualifications to be assessed on their own merit and on a case-by-case basis.
NB: Top-Up applicants may be required to do additional required courses from our BBA level 100 /200 to make up for any deficiencies in their qualifications.
Zenith University College does admissions twice a year -- January / February & August / September. However, admission forms are being sold throughout the year.
Applicants must normally be 18 years of age and hold the minimum entry requirement of
- GCE '0' Levels including English and Mathematics, RSA II, LCC II, NVTI, DBS
- Senior High School Certificates (SHSC) in at least 6 subjects including English and Mathematics.
'A' Level passes 1 for entry to diploma level. Holders of higher qualifications may gain exemption from some of the examinations.
First degree or HND for entry to advanced diploma level.
DIPLOMA IN LAW