2018 / 2019 World Bank #Blog4Dev and Essay Competition for Ghanaian
- DEADLINE: November 23, 2017
- ELIGIBILITY: (1) Be a Ghanaian citizen (2) Be between the ages of 16 and 28 years (3) Currently reside in Ghana (4) Be able to hold a conversation in English (5) Email us your 500-word original blog/essay, written in English
- TOPIC: As a citizen, what should Ghana focus on to achieve its development goals in the next 60 years?
- CONTACT: GH4Dev
Are you a Ghanaian citizen between 16 and 28 years old, and currently living in Ghana? Here is your turn to have your say! The World Bank wants to hear from you on what Ghana should focus on to achieve its development goals in the next 60 years. Be bold, be creative, be practical! —and chart a socially inclusive path to progress!
Enter the #Blog4Dev Essay contest for a chance to win attractive prizes.
TOPIC: As a citizen, what should Ghana focus on to achieve its development goals in the next 60 years?
Terms and Conditions:
Submissions must be original and well-written in English.
- Submission deadline is November 23, 2017. Late submissions will be automatically disqualified.
- The Blog or Essay post length should be 500 words at most. Longer entries will be disqualified.
- Only one submission per entrant will be allowed.
- The World Bank Group reserves the right to research and verify the eligibility of any entrants, and the decision of the World Bank Group shall be final.
- By entering the contest, participants agree to release the World Bank Group from any claims based on the contest and grant the World Bank Group all rights to their entry, including consent to publish their blog post on the Bank’s website and social media channels.
- Failure to comply with these rules may result in disqualification from the competition. Bloggers agree to comply with and be bound by the decisions of the World Bank Group, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this competition.
To be eligible for the #Blog4Dev and Essay contest in Ghana, you must:
- Be a Ghanaian citizen
- Be between the ages of 16 and 28 years
- Currently, reside in Ghana
- Be able to hold a conversation in English
- Email us your 500-word original blog/essay, written in English.
A panel of expert judges from inside and outside the World Bank Group will review all the entries, select the top 10, conduct interviews, and thereafter select the winners.
The winning submissions will be selected based on the following criteria:
- 1st and 2nd best entries will each receive an IPAD, cash prizes, and a 4-week attachment at the World Bank Ghana office.
- The 3rd best entry will get a cash prize and a month’s attachment at the World Bank Ghana Office
- The 4th and 5th best entries will receive cash prizes.
- All top five entries will be published online on the WBG’s Nasikiliza blog. They will also be promoted on World Bank social media channels, credited to the respective bloggers.