BHGE Oil & GGL Supports Brilliant-but-Needy Ghanaian UMaT- Students with US$ 50,000
As part of the on-boarding of UMaT on Baker Hughes General Electric (BHGE) Oil and Gas Learning and Development Programme, BHGE is offering brilliant-but-needy Ghanaian UMaT-students annual scholarships over their study period with effect from the 2018/2019 academic year.
This is one of the many scholarships enjoyed by UMaT students over the years from organisations such as Ghana National Petroleum Corporation, Total Ghana Ltd, Kufuor Foundation, Gold Fields Ghana Ltd., Anglogold Ashanti, Maxam Ghana Ltd., Metso Minerals, Barclays, etc.
The BHGE Scholarship will support fifteen (15) BSc students and four (4) MSc/MPhil students, with costs relating to Academic Facility User Fees, Residential Facility User Fees, Research Fees and Stipend.
Important Information and Timelines for Interested Applicants:
- An eligible applicant must be a Ghanaian student of UMaT for at least one academic year, maintain a minimum Cumulative Weighted Average (CWA) of 75%, be of good conduct as stipulated in the UMaT students’ guide and have a proof of Pressing Financial Need.
- Applicants on other scholarship packages are NOT eligible.
- Application forms will be made available online to prospective applicants until 12th July, 2018.
- Selection interviews will be conducted for shortlisted applicants from 18th to 20th July, 2018.
- Final selection will be completed by 31st July, 2018.
- Selected applicants will be informed with award letter from BHGE by the middle of August, 2018.
- BSc Awardees will enjoy a maximum amount of GHC 6,300.00 per year.
- MSc/MPhil Awardees will enjoy a maximum of GHC 10,000.00 per year.
- Awardees will enjoy the scholarship from 2018/2019 academic year until the end of their programme, provided they remain in good standing with the eligibility criteria.