ORID TDR International Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme in Ghana, 2018-2019
The Office of Research, Innovation, and Development (ORID) is inviting applications for TDR International Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme for the 2018/2019 academic year, funded under the WHO TDR International Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme.
The purpose of the project is to enhance University of Ghana’s capacity and post-graduate training in the Humanities.
The University of Ghana, the premier university and the largest university in Ghana was founded as the University College of the Gold Coast by Ordinance on August 11, 1948, for the purpose of providing and promoting university education, learning and research.
- Application Deadline: March 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Postgraduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to pursue One-year Masters studies in Public Health. Ten (10) Master’s scholarships will be offered under the programme for the 2018/2019 academic year in the following areas:
Scholarship Award: The scholarship is tenable at the University of Ghana, School of Public Health and covers:
- One round return economy airfare between the home country of the student and Accra, Ghana.
- Tuition and academic user facility fees;
- Basic medical and accident insurance;
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses including accommodation equivalent to local living cost; and
- Support for research project/thesis expenses during data collection.
- Nationality: Only applicants from low- and middle-income countries of WHO African Region are eligible.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 10 scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Ghana
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Only applicants from low- and middle-income countries of WHO African Region are eligible. Applicants must be from low- and middle-income countries within the WHO Afro Region.
List of Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cabo Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros , Congo, Ivory Coast, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique ,Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, Togo, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Nationals and residents from low- and middle-income countries (data.worldbank.org/about/country-and-lending-groups) of WHO African Region.
- Applicants should normally be under 35 years old at the time of application for the for the Master’s programme.
- Meet the standard University admission requirements for international graduate students.
- For postgraduate admission requirements at the University of Ghana, visit the how to apply to postgraduate programmes page.
*Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only applicants from low- and middle-income countries of WHO African Region are eligible.
Please take note that the language of instruction is English
English Language Requirements: Applicant must have good knowledge of English, both written and verbal.
How to Apply: Applications for the TDR international postgraduate scholarship must be submitted online.
Applicants must simultaneously submit applications for admission into the relevant programme at the University of Ghana.