Southampton Merit Scholarships for International Students in UK, 2018
Scholarship Description: Each year, the University of Southampton awards a number of scholarships to academically gifted students from around the world. The new Southampton Merit Scholarships are open to international students to pursue Master degree programme.
About University: The University of Southampton is a public research university located in Southampton, England. Southampton is a founding member of the Russell Group of research-intensive universities in Britain.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded within the following faculties:
- Social, Human and Mathematical Sciences
- Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Business, Law, and Art
- Southampton Law School
- Health Sciences
(with the exception of MSc (Pre-reg Physiotherapy)
- Winchester School of Art
- Southampton Business School
Scholarship Benefits: Scholarship amounted to £3,000 and £2,000 will be awarded.
Eligible Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: You will be considered eligible for a Southampton International Merit Scholarship if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You, the student, are liable to pay full international tuition fees and you will be self-funding, i.e. you are not in receipt of a full or partial scholarship from another source or sponsored by one of the University’s international funding partners.
- You are in receipt of either a conditional or unconditional offer for a place at the University of Southampton for 2017 entry (September 2017) which you have accepted (non-UCAS applications) or accepted firmly (UCAS applications).
- The programme you wish to study is eligible. See the Exceptions below.
- You must be a national of, and domiciled in a country outside of the EU and classified as ‘Overseas’ for fees purposes.
- You meet the specific academic requirements of the scholarship. The equivalency of relevant international qualifications will be determined by the University’s standard admissions criteria.
- You pay any necessary tuition fee deposit by the date notified on your offer letter.
- Identify the course you would like to apply for. Visit the postgraduate taught courses page.
- Check you meet the general entry requirements, and, if relevant, make sure you meet any special requirements for international students. See more information about entry requirements.
- Find out about scholarships and sources of funding. Visit our postgraduate funding page.
- Apply online
- To apply for your chose postgraduate research course use our online application form. For detailed guidance on the online application process download our application guide.
- PLEASE NOTE: For the best experience with online applications please use Google Chrome 39 or Mozilla Firefox 34. Applications can’t be made using Windows 10 Edge browser.
Deadline: Scholarships are open for the year 2018.