Study With Arts International Scholarships 2017
The scholarships are worth £2,000 per year each.
Eligibility and award criteria
- You must hold an offer of a study place and begin your undergraduate studies in September 2017 in one of the following departments: Archaeology, History, Philosophy, Music, Religion, Theology and the Bible, School of English, School of Languages and Cultures.
- The scholarships will be awarded automatically – no application is required in the first or any subsequent years.
- The scholarships will be awarded unconditionally in the first year of study. You can also receive this in each subsequent year of study, subject to achieving 60% or above in the previous academic year. This excludes any years in industry or study abroad periods.
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with other University of Sheffield scholarships as long as the individual does not become fully funded, for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- You must be self-funding and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- The scholarship will not be awarded where partial funding is applicable from an external body* and there is an agreement already in place between the external body and the University of Sheffield to offer a tuition fee discount to the student.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying online or via distance learning are not eligible for the scholarships.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of a one year of scholarship split pro rata over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
* Government or governmental organisation – international, national or regional; research council; charity; private enterprise; or any similar organisation.